Logo

Oil tank replacement on Yamaha V6 200 model year 2002

Was forced to replace the main (internal) oil tank, after the hose connection to the external tank broke off misteriously. All looks ok after installing the new tank (seems like there's nothing that can go wrong anyway), yet I would love to test the function of the oil pump and make sure the oil is flowing ok ... don't wanna lose the engine to an air-bubble.

Ran the engine with 1% oil in the fuel tank, engine ran ok, temperatures reached 55 - 60 Celsius (engine) and 50 - 52 Celsius (head). Pulling on the lever of the oil pump I hoped to see some smoke as function prove, but I only heard the engine slightly choking, rpm falling from 750 to 650.

Should I run with 1% in the fuel tank until I notice oil connsumption in the tank or is there a better way to check proper lubrication?

Thanks for your help !

Mix 50:1 fuel/oil in a separate tank ,disconnect the link arm from the pump , pull one oil pipe off at a time where it goes into the block start the motor and move the pump arm fully open by hand while the motor is idling and watch the oil come out the pipe get a container to catch it .do one pipe at a time .

Back