Logo

Oil retaining seal for 9.5

Hookinpigs

Hi all.
Just joined today and hoping for some help.

I have a MQ-11C ( 1965 ) I just got recently and finally got it running.
I’m currently replacing the oil retaining seals for the prop and drive shaft. I have a pdf file for this engine and seal part no. is 303345 for both.
Numbers on the old seals are pn. 313282

Previously, I bought a Sierra 18-2682 gear case rebuild kit and their seals are smaller.

What HP does the 313282 oil seal belong to ?
Thanks.

The lower unit was likely replaced with a newer one.----What color is your lower unit ?----The 313282 is shown for 67 and newer to 73 models.

An MQ-11C is a Johnson model # and in 1965 they were WHITE.-----Evinrudes were BLUE.----All very simple to me.------Just had someone here looking to buy a cowling for a 1972 model 50 HP.----I took one glance at a picture and determined that his motor is a 62 / 63 model 40 HP .----He was reluctant to believe it.----Model # plate had been altered.

An MQ-11C is a Johnson model # and in 1965 they were WHITE.-----Evinrudes were BLUE.----All very simple to me.------Just had someone here looking to buy a cowling for a 1972 model 50 HP.----I took one glance at a picture and determined that his motor is a 62 / 63 model 40 HP .----He was reluctant to believe it.----Model # plate had been altered.
Thank you. The stern bracket assembly is white and with the MQ-11C data plate.

I guess I have a Frankenstein.
So far I’ve been ordering parts for the MQ-11c to get it running - it runs.

Back