Logo

Oil and Water Gauges

What engines do you have ?? If you have 318 's the water sensor is on the front of the intake manifold and the oil pressure sensor is just aft of the intake manifold.

AFT is a directional reference relative to the boat and not the engine. Depending on what your engine orientation is, direct or v-drive, the sensor may or may not be AFT.

-JJ

Sensors or sending units may be remote. Oil pressure taps are on the top of the engine block just in front of the flywheel cover. Check for water temp tap on the on the water pump housing below the thermostat.

AFT is a directional reference relative to the boat and not the engine. Depending on what your engine orientation is, direct or v-drive, the sensor may or may not be AFT.

-JJ

Aft is aft meaning "rear" so if it has v drives or straight drives,it's still in the rear of the engine

Aft is aft meaning "rear" so if it has v drives or straight drives,it's still in the rear of the engine

AFT is not a general term for "rear". It means rear of the BOAT and ONLY rear of the BOAT. If you have v drives then the rear of your engine is not facing aft. It's facing FORWARD. The front of your engine faces aft when you have v drives.

-JJ

Pardon me for not being so pricise and defined on nautical terms as you. I'm sure everyone on this forum knew what I meant when I said aft. Instead of analysing every word thats written, why don't you try to answer the guys question.

Pardon me for not being so pricise and defined on nautical terms as you. I'm sure everyone on this forum knew what I meant when I said aft. Instead of analysing every word thats written, why don't you try to answer the guys question.

The oil sender is screwed into the top of the block between the intake and bellhousing and the water is near the thermostat housing. There will be 2 at each location, the others are for the alarm.

Dan

I'd rather say nothing than give him false information. I wouldn't want to send him on a wild goose chase looking for the aft of the motor.

Back