Logo

Ocean Runner 225 Idle Speed Screw - Missing?

beatnavy

Finally got an actual OEM Service Manual and just got done rebuilding and cleaning the carbs and cleaning throttle bodies. I'm trying to follow the lync 'n sync procedures in the manual, and I'm looking for the idle speed screw. Is it SUPPOSED to be where I've circled in red below? I've done a lot of searching on this, and I can't seem to find a picture of what it's supposed to look like or where I can source one (assuming it is in fact missing).

IdleSpeedScrew.jpg

This is a 1994 J225TXERK.

Thanks for any help.

rc

I believe the screw is inside the end on the red circle.----But have a look at the roller just to the right of your red circle.----I belive the outer covering on that roller is missing.

Thanks for the reply. There is a hold on the end of that rod, and it's threaded on the inside. Something screwed (or potentially could screw) into the end of that rod. But I don't know what, if anything.

On the roller -- that's the cam follower roller, right? There is something there, so I'm not sure what could be missing. I posted a pic zoomed in on that area.

Attachments

• CamFollowerRoller.jpg
    CamFollowerRoller.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 22
Here's another closeup. Red arrow points to the end of rod. No screw in the end of that rod, although I can see threads. Yellow arrow points to the cam follower roller. Does this help?

CamFollowerRollerII.jpg

Looks like the roller is complete.------That clear plastic is often missing on these.----Just order the screw that goes in the end.

Just order the screw that goes in the end.
I can't seem to find one. Or at least with any confidence about what I'm looking for. None of the parts diagrams online seem to show what I'm looking for, and googling for it produces wildly different results. Does anyone know where to source one of these?

Oh gosh, there it is. On the cylinder / crankcase page? Why? There are about 100 different pages, and I probably clicked through half of them. But not that one.

Thanks for the help. Oye!

Back