Logo

No start

bcclew

Regular Contributor
2001 31ft sea ray 5.7 starbor engine 1beep before start engine runs port engine no beep no start after crank then beep still no start thanks for any help

Sorry about that what I meant was on normal start turning on ignition you will get a beep.i was always told that clears computer saying all circuits are good hit crank it will start.my question is if you don't that beep it will not start.true or false? Thanks

Sorry about that what I meant was on normal start turning on ignition you will get a beep.i was always told that clears computer saying all circuits are good hit crank it will start.my question is if you don't that beep it will not start.true or false? Thanks
If it's EFI, that doesn't clear the ECM, it just means the key has been turned on and possibly (listen for it), that the fuel pump primed the fuel line.

Do you see normal oil pressure? Mercruiser uses an oil pressure switch to enable Run mode.

Ok here is what I figured out. 2001 sea ray 31ft 5.7 efi. Starboard motor started fine . Turning on n ignition you can feel fuel pump relay click .and beep as soon as ignition is turned on not on port motor.switched relay. Now beep and quick start. Without that circuit working and boat not started for a week or two. It was a real long extended crank till oil pressure than start .I explained it as a no start sorry about that thanks for comeback bcclew

Back