Logo

No spark 1987 johnson 25 hp tiller

Nick burger

I was runing in tampa bay saturday and out of nowhere the motor just died,was not able to crank it back up.i am getting no spark at all.im very very confused,Im pretty new to the marine motor world but the motor has brand new coil packs,a new power back and since replacing all of this i have ran the both 20 times and never had a issue.there is no magneto just a timer switch and charge coil under the flywheel can some 1 please give me some advice and point me in the right direction please>

motor numbers

Model j25tecur

thanks in advance guys.

Unfortunately one of the service manual groups that I do not have is the 1987 series and this prevents me from looking up the readings needed to test those components. However, I am entering this brief note as I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. Hopefully other members will jump in here with the information you need. (Joe)

I have a Clymer manual that covers your year and model. I'll have to find it but please be forewarned, I am working 7 days a week 12 hour days with an hour commute home so I cannot respond fast.

My first thoughts are keep things simple, is the kill switch lanyard still engaged (if it has one)?

Alan

Back