Logo

Nmea 2000??

Scottinline1

I have twin 2007 bf225’s with digital gauges and a Garmin 7612xvs fishfinder.
Can I hook up a nmea 2000 network system to read all motor functions on fishfinder screen?
What would I need to get from Garmin?

Has anyone done this with older motors?
Thanks for any info.

To the best of my knowledge it cannot be done. I researched this extensively in 2008, when I had a new BF 225 installed and was very disappointed that there was no NMEA 2000 interface. At that time there was no solution. The Honda digital signals are proprietary and are considered a trade secrete. And I have not heard of a solution since then. Starting in the 2010 model year, Honda did install a NMEA 2000 interface.

there are a few threads on this topic and this is the most recent...has anybody looked into the Actisense Engine Management Unit?? https://www.hodgesmarine.com/actemu...MIsMiYxvO07wIVkYXICh1eBQWEEAQYASABEgIVTfD_BwE

I have a Garmin 547 XS and already installed a GFS-10 for fuel flow via NMEA 2000 so I have a backbone ready to go and it would be great to get the rest of the engine data to my GPS...my Honda is a 2004 225. I know its pre NMEA from the factory, but maybe this would work? I probably wouldn't spend $500 on it, but more curious than anything else I suppose....

I can't discern whether that would work or not. As I posted earlier, Honda considers their signals proprietary and a trade secret. If you are interested in it, I would contact the seller and ask if they know for sure it will work with pre-2010 Hondas.

The other thought is that it would be a tough wiring job. To get a feel for the different connections used, take a look at this graphic.

View attachment Electrical Diagram Honda Digital Gauges Dual engines.pdf

Back