Logo

New Stator Has 2 Red Wires Not 1 Red 1 Red Wht

MyName

Purchased new Stator online, However instead of it having the usual Red and Red/Wht to connect to the Switch Box There's 2 Red,

Does it matter which goes to the 2 Terminals on the Switch Box?

I've been told it's probably New China Junk & waste of time & money

Thanks for the reply racerone Its Merc 1978 80 hp model 800 Thunderbolt 5009751 purchased CDI brand I just have to look for the part number when I get home. Hope you can help.

Last edited:
2000 yearmodel give or take half a dozen year, 3 and 4 cyl engines use 2 yellow wires. Both are the same color because the power is coming from a floating transformer bringing in an AC voltage and the ground reference is applied in the Rect-Regl module when one (matters not which or they would have made them different colors) is tied to battery - engine block.....ground.

In this diagram the wires from the stator are yellow-red if you've hooked up all the other wires then the red ones should be for the charging system. What wires were connected to the rectifier?
ADI-850.jpg

Thank you for the diagram, It doesn't show well but I can see enough that it matches the one that came with it that also shows the Red & Red/Wht however they're both Red only. The papers & instructions that came with it are from a place called Quick Strike CDI P/N 274-5454K1 High Performance Stator 3/4 Cyl. 9 Amp. with a photocopy of JETUNIT Opetating Manual, I also recall it said JETUNIT. If I could determine which one should be the Red only it would be a relief. Any thoughts you may have on that would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Back