Logo

new here, new to boats..... have '1981 60 hp evinrude

agathon

if my questions or terminolgy arent exact i apologize. the model number of this is e60elcia. we got the engine off a guy to replace our 40 hp johnson but we think this engine had an actual throttle control box and not the lever type thats attached to the engine but we cant find any information on it and the guy we bought it from wont contact us back.

if anyone could help with this and tell me what i need to be looking for and where to get it, it would be much appreciated as its the last thing we need to get it running (hopefully).

Re: new here, new to boats..... have '81 60 hp evinrude

May be the parts diagrams will help answer your question See http://shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=69d09d0fef18feb008975014c4a9e2fb&catalog_id=0&siteid=1 find your engine by make, year, hp and model number.

It appears that rope start models were fitted with a tiller ( "steering handle") with a twist grip throttle control and motor mounted shift lever as standard ( see the exhaust housing diagram) while electric start models were fitted with remote controls as standard.

The original remote control assembly is no longer available, likewise , it seems, the tiller assembly.

Re: new here, new to boats..... have '81 60 hp evinrude

you need a remote control with the RED engine plug. about $125.00-$150.00 used.

Back