Logo

New Boat, same buzzing sound

bretmoua

1999 Nitro Fish and Ski with a 150 Mercury Nitro Series two stroke outboard motor.

Ok, so I recently bought a 1999 Nitro Fish and Ski boat and it ran great the first two times on the water. The third time, when I took the family out and towed the kids on the water tube, I noticed a beep beep beep sound later that day. It would come on when I put the throttle down all the way only. A constant beep beep beep for 10 seconds or so then it goes away. Then a few minutes later, it would beep beep beep again. So the next day, I went to check the oil reservoirs and both reservoirs were still good. The oil reservoir by the big fuel tank is still 2/3 full and the oil reservoir on the motor was just at the neck of the cap. So it didn't make sense to add anymore 2 stroke oil as doing it will just overfill it. Not seeing anything wrong, I ran it again this morning and noticed the same beep beep beep sound again. Water pump is working great as it's flowing out like a water facet. Any help guys?
On my old boat, the 1996 Nitro Bass Boat Savage 884, I had the beep beep beep sound too but that was because the oil reservoir on the motor was low and after I filled it almost to the top, that sound never came back.

Last edited:
Back