Logo

never parted out a boat

kevin babineau

im going to be parting out a 73 f36 and 2 360s (not running)...not sure how and what to try to get rid of...i could spend hours taking pictures and posting on ebay etc...has anyone experience with this and what would be particular items? bow rails? what about interior wood and doors and bow cushions? there is alot of stuff and im not sure how to begin

I have a 77 silverton, but i might be interested in some of your wood work. I need to buikd a finished wood panel to cover the wiring under my upper helm. We're talking about 33"x27". If you have any finished wood panels or pieces of wood that could be made into a panel, i'd be interested.

-JJ

That's a tough one.
Probably not too many 73 f36's out there, and of the ones that are still alive and well, there's a good chance that they've been restored by now.

If you plan to use e-Bay, search completed listings. That will give you an idea of what is selling or not.
If will also help you with the "Key Wording" that is most commonly used.

I've found that by breaking things down, selling is easier, shipping certainly becomes easier, and profits are a bit greater.
Lots of work doing that, however.

The engine blocks, if they've been raw water cooled, are not worth much. You can pick up good automotive cores inexpensively.
Your small parts may bring a sale or two or three.

Have fun, and good luck.

I would be interested in knowing how someone would dispose of the hull, decks, cabin etc. Do landfills accept those materials!

I've seen ads from a company in NJ who will dispose of a old hull for you but I am sure its not cheap. There are some marinas who will break them up and place them in containers too but your looking at a couple of thousand dollars. Did you ever think of donating it to Boat Angel. I've seen some real junks being sold by them.

Back