Logo

Needle Seat Gasket

Randy000

Hey, I went to rebuild the carbs on my 97 Evinrude 130 2 stroke as the boat sat for a while. I noticed in the rebuild kits it came with a gasket for the needle seat, more so realized after as none of my carbs had a gasket under the seat. Engine runs good, does shake some at that middle range right about 2200 RPM or so. If I put the gaskets under the seats it'll change the needle seat height, will the engine need to be re-tuned mixture wise? With the gaskets in there and the float down it slows the inflow of fuel a lot more than without the gasket. Should I take the carbs back apart and put them in though? Im about to take the boat with me to the keys for a week so adding the gaskets I wont be able to water test it until I am down there. Thanks.

just make sure float level was properly set.-----Any other trouble shooting done ?

I don’t have the manual for the carbs to set the float, compared it to the old ones and the tab looked in the same spot. Pretty sure I rebuild the carbs 10 years or so when I got it. Engine runs good. I was just worried about that gasket and I hate the shake it has mid range, always has. I havnt had the boat out in years as I had kids and they hated it as toddlers. I believe the shake is just from the transition area, I always thought it was the carbs switching jets but was reading last night stator will do it with the two different windings. If I can reduce that shake it would be great as the kids still don’t like to go fast in areas that aren’t no wake zones, so we still putt along. Engine does get full rpm and idles well. I have nothing to compare it to though as everyone’s running 4 strokes these days.

Would de-carbonizing the engine help? Something I’ve never done to the engine. Searching on here one guy recommended against it if your getting full RPM as he feels it could do more harm than good. I don’t want to cause and issue with it right before I take it out of town.

Back