Logo

Need vacuum diagram help

lirex3

Hi guys, I have a 2002 searay 225 weekender with a 5.0 mercruser engine. I noticed a vaccum line off and not sure where it goes. On the flame arrester port side there is a vacuum port. I have a vac line that looks to be coming from the distributer. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a vac diagram online I can look at. Any help would be appreciated.

Any Photos to share?

Is it carbureted, EFI, MPI?

What year? Engine serial number handy?

Thanks for the reply... I will post a picture later today when I go to the marina.
its a 2002 and its efi looks like an early fuel injected throttle body. Engine serial number is 0M093567

It looks to me like the vacuum port on the TB just gets plugged my guess vent for the distributor just gets vented into the spark arrestor same as engine blowby gets vented into the TB and not the engine compartment? The module controls timing advance and pulse width using the inputs knock sensor, engine rpm and engine temp all the vents get pushed into the TB and gets pulled into the cylinders to burn the gasses.

Thanks... I didn't notice any difference in the way the motor ran either hooked up or unplugged. I still want to load a picture of this online. One more question what is to hot for riser temps? I get around 145 on my port side riser at around 3,800 rpm? While 98 on the other. Risers and manifold have around 60 hrs and the are oem mercruser.

Back