Need More info on 3.5

JustDon

I was gifted and have no info so I need some info on 3.5

Chrysler 3.5 hp
Model: 32H3F
Serial: 1191

Thanks for letting me join.

Ebay "chrysler outboard 1983 3.5hp service manual"
Ebay has a few listed, just make sure you get a service manual and not a parts manual.
There's some listed around 1980 those early years they all were about the same and a manual from 80 can be used for an 83 with very little difference.
They're way cheaper than a new manual.
The manuals are printed by the factory and 2 other companies, Seloc and Clymer they don't have the info in them like the factory one does.

Thanks, JerryJerry.
Never have worked on a boat motor mainly want to properly start it and find oil to gas ratio which I think is 50-1

Why the impeller? Hard to believe it's plastic! What type of gear oil or does it matter?
This is my first boat and boat motor so at 67 I'm new to it... Time to go fishing.

A wise man would replace the rubber impeller.----Or perhaps gamble on it working.-----The motor has no warning buzzer or an " overheat shutdown " switch.----It would run until it destroyed itself !!! s

So a bad impeller could make it run hot... Should I replace it with another rubber one, and what size?
Thanks for the info like I said I'm new to all this! I redid the transom thanks to youtube.
I will work on the wise part, lol.

Most water pump impellers for outboards are made of rubber.----They need to flex in order to work !----Just order the factory replacement !!

The OEM impeller is expensive. About 100$ look around you might get it cheaper??

Gear oil, 80-90 or get the small tube from Mercury or Yamaha.
Change the seals on the fill/drain plugs.
They might be the plastic crush rings(oem), they can be changed to the Mercury drain plug seals.
IF??? the oil is brown or cream colored? then the seals might need changing, pressure test the unit.
Look on u-tube for videos that show the procedures your trying to attempt.

Back