Logo

Need help with my F-225 fuel problem

I did everything. Cleaned everything but the final solution was when I took care of each hose connections and tight them properly. Fuel pressure is the key. Check every single hose connection and tight

Thank you for the quick feedback. I had suspected air in the line as the culprit. I'm going to start that process and I'll provide and update when I get dialed-in.

Hello. I just joined this group now as i have the same problem. I have a 2010 yamaha 225 4 stroke and wondering if anyone ever found a solution yet. I know this is an old thread but it is getting extremely frustrating for me as well. I too have been dumping alot of money into this engine. I bought this in Feb 2023 and have yet to even be able to use it. I have isolated it to the engine as i too ran on an external tank to eliminate the boat side. I have changed the high pressure pump (OEM) and spent the 950.00 for the new retro kit from Yamaha for the low pressure Lift) pump. Still the same. My issue is my motor runs great at idle and shows 38 PSI pressure at fuel rail, 40 PSI pressure with just key on with engine not running. same as you all are having. when in gear, still 38PSI. When i advance throttle, pressure remains constant 38 PSI up to 2700 rpms. Once i go past that, fuel pressure falls to 18-20 PSI and engine starts missing, backfiring, and bogging down heavily. If i squeeze primer bulb, backfiring and missing stops but still no power and fuel pressure remains at 18-20 PSI. Once i bring throttle back slowly to 2700 rpms or lower, engine wakes up and fuel pressure goes back to 38 PSI and runs great. My problem is above 2700 RPMs. I have removed vapor separator several times and high pressure filter screen has never been dirty or had any kind of contamination. I cleaned each time anyway to make sure. I also pinched off the fuel pressure regulator hose on top of the regulator but does not make any difference. Does anyone have a fix for this yet? My wife is really ragging on me bad as i spent 56K on a boat i cant even use. Please help!!!

Back