Logo

Need Help With My 1996 Mercury 225 EFI Bogging down

b.gibson2345

I have a 1996 Mercury 225 efi. wen i try and get the boat on plane it just boggs down and will not tach up. The motor seems to be in a sort of safety mode or something. I had the boat at a reputable shop where i live and they tried all sorts of troubleshooting ,The fuel vapor separator was pulled apart and cleaned,The injectors were cleaned 3 times, replaced all fuel lines,changed a check valve,pulled the lower unit looked in the exhaust,put 2 new computers on it,New spark plugs,tested all sensors,The motor has good compression in all cylinders.The mechanic called me and told me for the first time in 42 years he has no ideal how to fix this motor and to come get it i don't owe him anything. I refuse to believe the motor is shot it starts and idles like its brand new just wen its put under a load it will not produce the horsepower any help suggestions/advice will be greatly Appreciated guys!​

With all that was done to solve the problem it seems there may be an issue in the wiring harnesses. Use a DVM to ohm each wire. Carefully inspect each plug and wire connection for micro cracks and corrosion.

Back