Logo

NEED HELP! I would like to know how to remove the Tower Shaft for replacement.

Rubenjames123

1993 90hp Force. I recently broke the throttle arm on my tower shaft. I have been able to get it out of the lower bearing and have limited movement. The problem I am having is space and possibly the correct removal procedure. The top of the shaft has a 90 degree bend that I am trying to work around. Is this the way to remove, or do I have to push out all the small pins and remove each piece connected to the tower shaft, then remove from the top. Doing this way would require me to remove the flywheel and stator to get the clearance to pull straight up.

I was hoping someone would know a short and easy version to changing this out.

Ray
[email protected]
1993 90Hp Force SN 0e090****

Last edited:
I will get a picture later this afternoon, but the part that is broken is the bottom cam of the towershaft. So if the parts were not obsolete, it may have been possible to change out. As of now, I am forced to use a 91' style cam. It is slightly different, but I believe I can make it work. I have ordered a used towershaft from eBay, has not arrived yet. If everything is the same, I will try and just knock out the two pins on the lower cam and replace only the part needed. My question still remains, is there a specific procedure to remove the towershaft without removing all the roll pins? I guess I need affirmation to break the roll pins free, I feel like this is a part that was not meant to be tampered with.

Many thanks Jerryjerry05, appreciate the feedback!

Back