Logo

need at least new rings 1963 Johnson RKL-25

Charlie 1

Hi everyone I would like to find 020 pistons and rings for my old outboard if I cant find 020 oversize piston set a part number for the standard pistons 308619 is inside the pistons the rings look to be .100 thick bore 3"3/16 with 3 rings on each piston
a part number, or a possible lead to find the parts anything would be apricated
TY Charlie

TY Racerone we are in Rochester New York on lake Ontario fresh water
the compression was 85 and 85 before tear down clean inside clean water ways too

‘63 RKL
TY Edcris I think I did try and talked to Andrew maybe yesterday or the day before he said they did not have anything and only go back to 1967
I think the 1967 is the same I do have a running 1967 40 hp evinrude also electric shift
I will try again

TY Edcris I think I did try and talked to Andrew maybe yesterday or the day before he said they did not have anything and only go back to 1967
I think the 1967 is the same I do have a running 1967 40 hp evinrude also electric shift
I will try again
Hi Edchris
I just tried again went to engine parts put in RKL-25 then power head section their was no piston or rings or crank shaft section
left a message at the bottom just hope something comes of it
I am thinking of pulling one of the covers off the side of my 67 evinrude just to see if their are 3 rings not 2 and if they look the same
maybe i can try the evinrude model # im going to use the evinrude model number first hopefully I can see a diagram
TY Charlie

Not sure what the issue is for you.-----Just a few cliks here finds the part numbers.-----Go to boat engine parts.----Go to 1963.----Find 40 HP.-----Find RKL-25.-----Find crankshaft assembly.-----Easy.

Find ---crowley marine-------Find some parts there.----Find-----seaway marine----And find some parts there.----I think 0.025" is easily available.----Your location?

when I looked in the engine part their was only the power head not a crank and piston section?
I did send them a message but haven't heard back yet

you did find a set of pistons and rings did you find them with my model #RKL-25 johnson 40 hp 1963?
I did not?
I check crowley marine they found nothing for my model #

There must be something wrong with your computor or technique.----I can find part # for 0.025" O/S pistons with just a few clicks.-----Might even have a piston kit if I can find them here in Ontario.

I am going to ask my wife to try and help me I am feeble with the computer are you in Ontario Canada?
we are maybe 2 hours from Toronto I have a friend in Haliburton

I did try again and this time I was able to look at a crank and piston page with the standard piston and rings set for the 149 $
Racerone Thank You very much
I haven't given up on the .025 oversized piston and rings set yet if you find them Please let me know

TY Charlie

Back