Logo

mercury sport jet 90

Eddie abu

I have mercury sport jet 90 1993
need shaft pinion with 13 spline teeths, don't have part number or engine code
Changed crank shaft, bought used, but I had good pinion with 15 splines, which doesn't fit in
please If anyone has any idea what to do or what's 13 spline shaft pinions part number is
thank you

I know this is old but I have a 13 spline shaft, and am looking for a 15 spline shaft. Same thing happened to me, swapped same exact part number crankshaft into my motor and jet pump, and now it wont mount up due to different number of splines.

See above...you need sportjet crank as you have a outboard.

we have the opposite problem so we can't both have an outboard crank. Also my part number (for both my crankshafts) is for a 94 mercury sport jet 90 crankshaft, you can go to boats.net and see it. I read somewhere that in 95 they changed the splines to 13. I also just found a sport jet 90 pump unit on eBay that has 15 splines. So yeah I don't have an outboard crank.

Emailed Mercury and they cleared up:

"The part number you are referring to is a casting number for the crankshaft and not a finished part number. The finished part number for the 1994 versus the 1995 crankshafts are different. The part number for the oil injected and the non-oil injected are also different. The parts you have requested information about are as follows:
820596 – 15 teeth/ 21 teeth
826536 – 13 teeth/21 teeth"

Im looking for a 1994 chrysler 90hp 15 spline sport jet crank does anyone know if a 1994 chrysler 15 spline out board motor crank will work in my sport jet jet boat motor

Back