Logo

Mercury Optimax Pro 250xs - engine bogs down when throttle down...help!

Dlow11

Was out last week and motor ran fine. Went out today and no hole shot. Engine bogs down. In idle and throttle down and the engine bogs down. Replaced fuel filter today...engine bogs down during idle when throttling down. Put in gear and am able to throttle to 6000 rpm , however engine would not throttle down when rev'd up. Help!

Was out last week and motor ran fine. Went out today and no hole shot. Engine bogs down. In idle and throttle down and the engine bogs down. Replaced fuel filter today...engine bogs down during idle when throttling down. Put in gear and am able to throttle to 6000 rpm , however engine would not throttle down when rev'd up. Help!

I am receiving a TPS sensor fault on my dash. After reading up more on this it looks like this sensor works with EMS system to control throttling. Throttling is a problem. At idle I can't rev up engine, it bogs down. I put in gear and throttle down hot foot and motor throttles up to 6000 rpm and won't throttle down when I release hot foot. I think it's a bad TPS sensor. Thoughts?

Removed TPS and took it apart. Discovered spring not seated properly. Reseat the spring and reassembled then test. TPS Fault went away and throttling problem is fixed.

I put in gear and throttle down hot foot and motor throttles up to 6000 rpm and won't throttle down when I release hot foot.
Keep doing this and it will throttle down with rod thru side of block......

Back