Logo

Mercury Mark 10 questions

jrose

" I'm trying to replace th

" I'm trying to replace the fuel lines on a Mercury Mark 10 ('57/'58, 10 hp), but I'm having trouble finding the appropriate brass fittings for 1/4" I.D. line.

I also can't find the female tank adaptor from the engine side of the tank hose.

So, I'm thinking that I'll swap the old 1/4" lines for 3/8" to fit a more contemporary tank adaptor and then step down to 5/16" to get into the fuel pump and then from the pump to the carb.

Is there a problem with increasing the fuel line diameters as described?

Also, is the Champion J7J spark plug interchangeable with J6C?

And one last one. There seems to be debate between the originally recommended Lubriplate 105 grease vs. the more commonly available 90 wt gear oil for the lower unit.

Thanks.

Jack Rose "

" Jack,

The fuel hose will

" Jack,

The fuel hose will be okay with the changes you mention, and the plugs are okay also.

I use Quicksilver high performance gear oil in just about everything and have had no trouble for about ten years now.

Tony "

Thanks Tony. That'll mak

Thanks Tony. That'll make things much easier. Now if I can just figure out how to get the impeller out.

Jack Rose

" Toremove the impeller ,remov

" Toremove the impeller ,remove the prop,then the cone shaped nut that that should have two holes in it,the impeller is the next item,just slide it offand dont lose the small loose pin. "

Back