Logo

Mercury bigfoot 60hp what running battery voltage is normal? 12.6-12.7v currently. Replace stator now?

beachatlast

I have a 2006 60hp Mercury 1C040294. When not running the battery showed 12.9v, when running the battery showed 12.7v. I have not charged battery and have run then boat maybe 12 times since October with 4 led lights and depth only hawkeye meter. I did replace the regulator a few days back and it went to 12.6v when running then. I have not driven the boat this season without it dying or having to row home. I noticed when activating trim at low speeds it would die. It almost always just starts back up. I also noticed I had the battery loose back in October it would die, as well when disconnected. It did not die on last trip when running trim or accessories, but it did bog when trying to open the engine up. Perhaps a new problem but did not want to leave out this fact. So my question is, could it be normal to have that battery reading when running? I even revved it up in neutral on shore and no increased battery reading. Do I replace the stator because of this lower voltage? Should I be reading the voltage somewhere else besides where the battery connects to the outboard? Last time we had it out it was in the evening. Usually when it dies, it is in the hot afternoon after we ran it for a while. I read that is when electrical problems can be more present.

Back