Logo

Mercury 50 fourstoke mystery.... Help!

redrooster

Hey everyone, I got a problem with my 2005 Merc. 4 stroke. Very low hours on motor.... new looking in and out. On the water earlier this week, water pumping good so off we go. Idling smooth so I open it up a little- throttle about 75% then several beeps. So I shut it down. Check everything that I can and decide to try again. Cranks easily and going good for a minute then a series of beeps and motor shuts down on its own. Back home check oil and try again hooked up to hose. Turn key and constant beeping and trim is weak sounding so charge batteries overnight. Next morning try again and nothing..... no beeps. Gauges and trim won't work. Bad battery maybe I thought so I switch to trolling battery turn key.... one beep asit should and engine cranks fine. So I think it's the battery, until next morning when the same thing has happened- no sound when switched on, won't crank, trim and gauges won't work. Checked all the fuses on motor and under dash- all good. Now what? I've heard some talk about voltage regulators, but wouldn't the motor have to be running to be a issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

Back