Logo

mercury 200 20HP voltage regulator

paul1972

Hi
Can anyone post up some pictures showing where the voltage regulator goes and the wiring on a 73 outboard also some pictures of the starter solinod ext would be great . I am trying to set my motor up for electric start and a picture paints a thousand words
Many thanks
Paul

There is no voltage regulator on those. The rectifier (what you might mean) is connected to 2 yellow wires from the stator, and one usually red to the battery.

Jeff

hi jeff<br>my motor is made in belgium and i got this part for it and am looking to fit it now...95845, Voltage Regulator, Mercury

Attachments

• voltage regulator.jpg
    voltage regulator.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 520
Hi
Can anyone post up some pictures showing where the voltage regulator goes and the wiring on a 73 outboard also some pictures of the starter solinod ext would be great . I am trying to set my motor up for electric start and a picture paints a thousand words
Many thanks
Paul
Hi Paul, I will borrow your thread a bit with a question: can you plz share some Pictures of your starter motor? and perhaps some measurements? I have the 1972 model, belgian made, here in Sweden. And I hope to make some kind of starter assembly without the original part. (that nor aftermarket is available for '72)
Higth/diameter? number of teeth on pinion gear/Bendix?
I was hoping to fit a 2-1/2" starter motor, but right now I don't know enough about the original to take a gamble and buy one..

Don't have a starter yet if you look at my other post in year and model another member posted a picture and listing of a starter motor that is available
Hope this helps

Those Belgian jobs are different, but you might be able to use the normal American set up (without a voltage regulator).

Save you a bunch of $$$

Jeff

if you go electric start make sure you get what it takes to prevent the motor from starting in gear...

Don't have a starter yet if you look at my other post in year and model another member posted a picture and listing of a starter motor that is available
Hope this helps

Looked through your other post, but did not see any link to starter motors?
Edit: Even looked at your Engine and its starter in parts store, seems like i has the same problem as the 1972 model, not available nd no aftermarket with immidiate fit.
I'm also looking to "ghetto-fit" any other starter, so plz update your progress!

Last edited:
Back