Logo

Mercruiser Tow sport Black Scorpion 330hp inboard intake

vella080

Hello, i am new to forums and need some help regarding my inboard Mercruiser Towsport Blackscorpion 330hp intake.
Can anyone show me were the pipe Number 31 (next to fitting number 7) in the attached picture needs to be installed. Please note that the engine on idle revs higher than normal with this fitting unpluged. Thanks and good day all.

Attachments

• intake.gif
    intake.gif
    35 KB · Views: 36
Removing this hose introduces more (unregulated) air into the engine, which leans out the mixture. That's why it revs higher...it's getting more air than the ECU recognizes. Probably for the MAP sensor, at least that's my guess.

Last edited:
Hose not pipe. I don't think so ..breaders like that of the valve cover usually go in the flame arrester( before the throttle body) as long as I know

I's suggest giving post #2 a revisit...

Check your parts diagram source and get the part number for your 'pipe' (#31)...and then look at the parts diagram for the cylinder head and rocker cover...you will find a hose with the same part number as your 'pipe'...

FWIW, giving your engine serial number helps the rest of us locate the correct information when needed, especially when there are multiple versions with the same descriptor....

I's suggest giving post #2 a revisit...

Check your parts diagram source and get the part number for your 'pipe' (#31)...and then look at the parts diagram for the cylinder head and rocker cover...you will find a hose with the same part number as your 'pipe'...

FWIW, giving your engine serial number helps the rest of us locate the correct information when needed, especially when there are multiple versions with the same descriptor....
I tried what you suggested to no avail. How can I buy the workshop manual..I think this is the solution

thanks to every one for tour kind help....Which manuals are best to help you figure out a problem like i encountered?

The manuals for the Black Scorpion haven't been super helpful. I have a late model 6.2 340HP in my wake surf boat.

That #31 line goes to one of the valve covers on my engine. If viewed from the flywheel end (v-drive on my boat) the left valve cover breather goes to a fitting at the flame arrestor and the right valve cover breather goes to that 90 degree fitting on the intake manifold. If viewed from the throttle body end flip flop right/left.

Last edited:
Back