Logo

Mercruiser 4.3L MPI- has ongoing 02 sensor “Legacy” alarm on VessleView, even after replacement

Airflowdoctor

I have a 2012 Mercruiser 4.3MPI that I have added VesselView for monitoring and diagnostics. Last summer I got an oxygen sensor failure alert, both a beep and a message on the VesselView for sensor S2. It wasn’t clear to me which sensor that was specifically. I started out replacing the dirtiest (aft) of the two sensors on the starboard side. That didn’t clear the alarm on the VesselView so I moved the new sensor around and in no location did the alert clear. I ended up replacing the aft O2 sensors on both the port and starboard sides. After that I get no beeps on startup or while running and the engine runs great. However I still get this “17-Legacy” alarm.
It is unclear to me if the alarm actually exists or if to clear it I need the factory technicians tool. The support for the VesselView is not very good. I’d expect alerts would be explained but I’ve not been able to find a code list for this engine. It is not even clear to me if S2 is a starboard sensor or not. I’ve had other codes, like a low out drive fluid, but they have always cleared when corrected. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8741.png
    IMG_8741.png
    117 KB · Views: 5
Back