Logo

Mercruiser 3.0 135hp starting issues

Mgreen148

Hello, I was running yesterday on the river for about a half hour when my boat stalled. It started up and stalled quickly a few times until it would not start at all. Turned over but nothing. I got it home and hooked it up my garden house and tried to start, would not start. Today I decided to try and start it before I was going to take it to the shop and what do you know it started right up on the 2nd try. Does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong yesterday??????Thanks, mgreen148

...running yesterday on the river for about a half hour when my boat stalled.
How did it stall? Drop dead at WOT, when you shifted into reverse or forward, while idling? Is it running hot?
...any idea what could have gone wrong yesterday?
Flooded the engine?

Hello, I was running yesterday on the river for about a half hour when my boat stalled. It started up and stalled quickly a few times until it would not start at all. Turned over but nothing. I got it home and hooked it up my garden house and tried to start, would not start. Today I decided to try and start it before I was going to take it to the shop and what do you know it started right up on the 2nd try. Does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong yesterday??????Thanks, mgreen148 I was idling the first time it stalled. I think I may have flooded it, but not sure, going to put it in tomorrow to check again. Thanks

Everything seemed normal. I was pulling a tube for about a half hour and things were good. We were taking a break trolling along and all of a sudden it bogged down. It started a few times but would cut off before I could get going, than it would not start at all????Thanks

We were taking a break trolling along and all of a sudden it bogged down.
If you were not running the blower at the time...it should always be run...it could have gotton to hot inside the engine compartment. May have caused vapor lock in the fuel line. Run the blower constantly.

Back