Logo

Merc trim part question

Bhags8

Hello all. I’m new here. Got my first boat and loved it briefly until a few problems happened. Figured I would wanna be one of the guys that can fix a lot of it on their own without any knowledge of engines, trims, etc. because I certainly don’t have the money to send it to a mechanic every time something goes bad. Anywho, got an 07’ 90 2 stroke 3cyl and the tilt/trim (this part still confuses me) wouldn’t go up more than roughly 1/8 of the way up, and wouldn’t hold most of the time. Down worked fine. So I started doing homework, replaced the relays. Nothing. Took the whole assembly (including the transom brackets, couldn’t get lower pin out) off. Replaced the motor, several o rings on the pistons connected to shock rod (couldn’t get lower one off but took lower apart and cleaned springs, balls, seats and replaced the o ring. Memory piston is stuck in there. Tried using air to get it out, ran motor connected to battery, got lock ring pliers. Nada. So i moved onto pump. Took some of that apart cleaned a few things like filter and o ring. Then took it off and got to the manifold(I think). And found this white piece here broken. From the tiny schematics I’ve found online I don’t know if this belongs to the Valve Kit, Pump assembly, or maybe trim limit kit. I’d really hate to drop $450 on a pump assembly for a tiny piece of plastic. But none of the kits list what part comes with it so I can’t find a name for this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

serial # 1B4xxxxx if that helps

Attachments

• 2AFFE77F-3F83-4957-8ED9-9EB954E3A7C8.jpg
    2AFFE77F-3F83-4957-8ED9-9EB954E3A7C8.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back