Logo

mcm 350 magnum alpha one

droptines

i would like to say it is great to finally be able to post here.i can tell there is a welth of knowledge here and it will be very helpful to me.i have always owned outboards and my above title is what i now own.i have found very plainly on the breather cover the spot for mod and serial no info but nothing is there.how do i find out what year my engine is.also can someone explain to me how to adjust my carb?it is a eldebrock 650.im not certain that is my problem.when cold the motor cranks and runs great but when i shut it off it is almost impossible to get it fired up again.i have figured out that if i open the throttle wide open it will crank but i dont like doing that.please help.

i would like to say it is great to finally be able to post here.i can tell there is a welth of knowledge here and it will be very helpful to me.i have always owned outboards and my above title is what i now own.i have found very plainly on the breather cover the spot for mod and serial no info but nothing is there.how do i find out what year my engine is.also can someone explain to me how to adjust my carb?it is a eldebrock 650.im not certain that is my problem.when cold the motor cranks and runs great but when i shut it off it is almost impossible to get it fired up again.i have figured out that if i open the throttle wide open it will crank but i dont like doing that.please help.

so when the engine is warm the engine does not start easy ?

give the throttle two 3/4 pumps , and set throttle where its at , about the area where you would get 2000rpm ..

as soon as the engines starts back off throttle..

I find that if the engine has set for 1hr I need to apply this technic..
especially on 90 deg f days ...

hey jcat my 1998 carbed 350 baja does the same thing,edlebrock carb 600cfm when its hot hit the throttle twice and back two about 1500 rpms and then i idle it. is this normal ? runs good!

on the breather coveer where the serial number should be its not.where it should be stamped on the front of the head there is nothing there either.i cant find it anywhere on the motor.i do find numbers stamped on the unit.would that be for the foot or for the motor also????

hey jcat my 1998 carbed 350 baja does the same thing,edlebrock carb 600cfm when its hot hit the throttle twice and back two about 1500 rpms and then i idle it. is this normal ? runs good!

that method is good ..I would say that your engine/carb are operating as expected..

when you hit the throttle prior to starting this gives the engine some fuel..even when the engine cools slightly it still needs some extra fuel to run a few seconds until it can suck the fuel out of the carb..

i have looked all over pretty good but will look again in those areas real good.does the year determine whether it is a generation 1 or 2 ?

i did finally find the numbers on the block and they end in 94.does that mean it is a 94 or could it be an 04?this boat has set up for a while but the motor and outdrive had only run about three months before retiring it.

Back