Logo

Mariner 70hp 1980 - Moving from mineral oil to s-synthetic / synthetic oil

naio83

Hi all,
I have a 70hp Mariner engine (3 cil and 2 carbs) from 1980. For the last months (years) I have been using Evinrude XD 30 for 2 Cycle outboard oil for the fuel mixture, that in the case of my engine is done manually in the tank. As far as I know, this is a mineral oil. Unfortunately, where I live this Evinrude Oil is no longer commercialized, and I am not finding other 2T mineral oil options for outboards.
I am able to find:
1) Mercury Premium 2-Stroke Engine Oil (TCW3).
2) Valvoline Marine 2-Stroke Synthetic blend Oil (TCW3).
3) Valvoline outboard Marine 2T (TCW3).
4) Valvoline Multi-Purpose 2-cycle oil (TCW3, not easy to find).

The thing is that most of them seem to be semi-synthetic or synthetic oils and not 100% mineral.
Is there any problem if I stop using the Evinrude XD30 mineral Oil and replace it with another that is not 100% mineral.
I would appreciate any piece of advice on moving from a mineral oil to a semi-synthetic/synthetic for the fuel mixture if something could change, pros and cons and any recommendation on choosing between them.

¡Thank you very much in advance!

Any one of them will do just fine.
Thanks RacerOne, on my local shops I am having confusing info, some ones tell me that is the same, others that while they are TCW3 compliant they are ok, and others that if the engine is made to use minerals it should not use another one...

Back