Logo

Mariner 60 4cyl 4 stroke overheating

stewart8584

Hi!
Can anyone help ? I have a mariner 60hp 4 cyl 4 stroke 60pt4s. It started sounding the alarm buzzer on mid or full throttle. It was due a service so I changed the water pump, thermostat, plugs and oils etc. the stat looked a little crusty so i thought that it was going to be that. It wasn't :(

I've replaced the temp sensor and checked the control box wiring. all seems good and tested the buzzer. The buzzer does not go off with the sensor disconnected.

I was told that the copper tube seal can go at the top of the powerhead so ive had that off and cleaned it. It was in good condition.

the only things i could see where that the power head gasket has some slight cracks in where the water path is but it looks like this is not going to be the problem as the water flows from one casting to another through holes just slightly up from the cracks so if it went through them at pressure it would be like the normal path. the other thing is where the exhaust fits into the casting at the bottom there are a few small cracks where water was coming out of. this looks to be after the water has flowed around the engine so doesn't seem to be it.

Back