Logo

Mariner 25 - year, starter, and no spark

thudspeth

Hey, recently inherited a Mariner 25hp. Opened it up today to get it running, and at first glance it's missing the starter all together... It's a very clean looking motor though and id imagine it'll be easy to get running. I was told that it was running in the past few years.

Can someone help me identify the year of the motor as well as the starter that I would need to purchase? Serial number is 0G068711. I believe it's an early 90's model but not sure.

Also, it's not getting spark at plugs. I pulled both plugs and changed them, plug wires look to be in good condition, but no spark when you pull crank. Any trouble shooting measures here would be appreciated as well.

Lastly, can someone identify the fuel/oil ratio that is suggested for this model?

1.pngFront left.jpgFront right.jpg2.jpg

Please disregard my comment about a starter I had a blonde moment earlier I guess..... It's a pull start... no electric starter needed.

But I am still in need of determining the year of the motor as well as my issues with no spark.

E-mail Merc/Mariner customer service with Ser.# and engine size. They should respond with year made and what it left factory with.

1994 Model fuel ratio is 50-1. Disconnect the black wire with yellow stripe from the switch box and see if spark comes back. Also get a spark checker and do a compression test

Back