Logo

Mariner 150 service Manual

Bparker

Hi everyone! First time poster here. I’m looking for an OEM service manual for what I believe is an 86 Mariner 150, serial number 0B116978. There are a lot of Manuel’s online but I’m not sure which one I need. I’m having issues dialing in the timing and the Seloc manual is very confusing.
Thanks in advance
Bart

How did the motor run for you last season ?-----The maximum timing is what you set.----Idle timing is the point where throttle plates open.---Actual timing at smooth idle does not matter.-----What is your motor doing / not doing that makes you think " timing ".----Have you done a compression test , if yes post the numbers.

Let me give give a little background first… I’ve had several boats but this one is new to me and is also my first two stroke. I picked it up cheap last fall and was told it hadn’t been run for a couple years. Which was evident by the registration. The first thing I did was pull plugs and hit it with fogging oil and hand turn the flywheel. I also drained fuel, which was nasty, and gear oil which had a little water in it but no metal. I also did a compression check. Cylinder #1= 105, 2=110 3=105, 4=110, 5=107, 6=110, which I thought was good. Then with remote fuel tank and muffs I started it up. Ran rough but I thought good enough to put a little money into it. Since the old fuel was bad I decided to rebuild the carbs and fuel pump. I also saw that wiring on the stator and trigger was cracked and the stator had bare spots in a couple places, so both were replaced. Now I want to make sure the timing is correct and I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I have a Seloc manual but was hoping to get a Mercury/Mariner OEM service manual.

Back