Logo

M90A: 2 Carb Questions

Lazy D

I've had trouble with the floats sticking after running the carbs dry at the end of the day. Based on what I've seen here on site, I'll add stabil to gas. I can't get the center carb float free with tapping. Any other tricks?

While looking at the carb parts diagram, I noticed a "Main Nozzel" that I don't recall seeing when I cleaned the carbs. Is this part pressed in or should I have seen it when removing the main jet. I purchased this motor used and don't want to make any assumptions about past service. It's part 3L9-032520.

Thanks,
Mark

I assume that the floats are sticking down, resulting in flooding when you restart. You need to completely disassemble and thoroughly clean all 3 carbs in a soak bath. Yes, the emulsion tube (main nozzle) is clamped in the carb by the main jet. Usually, after removing the jet, tapping the carb on a block of wood will dislodge a stuck tube.

A 3-carb service kit is available from any dealer (including me):
3B7871221M Carburetor repair kit. Kit includes gaskets, float & needle valve. One kit repairs all 3 carburetors. Fits: 90A 2-stroke models. List Price (MSRP): $139.23

Back