Logo

M440B #2

ezuskin

Contributing Member
"That same port motor has alwa

"That same port motor has always shown very high oil pressure, 80psi in summer, pegged high yesterday. The "blow by" that exits the rocker cover to the carb is fairly high also. I think rings related to the blow by gases but am not sure what to make of the high oil pressure. Could they be related. Oil is clean and level a little low compared to other motor after adding 6 quarts after oil change.
Eddie"

"Eddie:

Verify your high oi

"Eddie:

Verify your high oil pressure with a mechanical gage. (Screw one in where the present oil sensor is located.)

On the gas in the water, I suspect you're not running on 8, all the time. Idle it at 1,500 rpms, fully warmed up, and start pulling ignition wires from the distributor cap. (Use insulated pliers and heavy gloves.) Note that the motor must slow immediately when the wire comes out, then speed up as you plug it back in. Note any cylinders that do not, and start investigating.

You might simply have a bad wire/ plug. Then again, a push rod might have bent and dropped off the rocker. Either way the above test will tell you where to start looking.

Jeff"

"Jeff,
I winterized yeterday

"Jeff,
I winterized yeterday so won't pursue til spring. I'll save these suggestions. This is the carb that has fuel puddling in one of the corners.
Thanks,
Eddie"

Back