Logo

Lower Engine Cover Removal

fish2369rb

I need to remove the lower engine cover on a 2000 Johnson 115. The parts diagram for the lower cover shows 2 screws that hold it on but the itemized info for the part itself calls for 4. Does anyone know where the other two screws are located in the cover. They are not depicted in the parts diagram and I don't see them on the motor itself.

Are there two on each side? The diagram shows the outside of one half of the cover, & the inside of the other half. It’s common for diagrams to be that way, showing only some, but listing the total required.
Or, they might all be on one side, but some are hidden behind another part. Is that little boss, just above part #21 for another fastener, it looks like it might be behind part# 2
there also appears to be another boss by part #19

I an curious.----Why are you removing the cowling----Screws are located where cowling is joined.----Easy to find looking at the motor carefully.

Thanks for the help! I was surprised I didn't find a You Tube video for this. I did locate a third one after posting this and the suggestion that one is behind #2 looks like a real possibility. I need to remove it to replace the starter, It's the only way to access it.

Back