Logo

Looking for a Evinrude high speed jet for a 6hp

Can you get me going the right direction on where to look up the info as to hole size? Ive never seen the part and honestly I dont quite understand its function,I just know it is suppoed to be there.The adjustable needle is whats in there now,but its JB welded in place and I got a new bowl coming to put it back to factory.

Last edited:
It would be a total miracle if anybody were to drill a hole through a screw and have it work successfully. That is a precision hole, and the size stamped on it is the hole diameter in thousandths of an inch.

I didn't realize you would have such a hard time finding one. Let me do some searching to see if I can find the one that came out of the bowl I sent you.

Attachments

• Page 4-4.jpg
    Page 4-4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
Ive been through the ramblings several times and there is indeed some great info there.According to the chart above it is indeed too big. I will call Seaway and see what they have and wait to hear back from you FR.Anybody else having trouble typing here today?

Hole size is around 0.042" or a # 58 drill.----------And I have enuff experience to make one !!!

Last edited:
First of all a jet is not a drilled hole , it is a hole reamed to size. There are also a chamfer in jet for different engines as crossflows use a C stamp jet and loopers a D. Although they look the same they flow different directions like the C jet the fuel flows into the unthreaded end of the jet and out the slotted end ...

Im running at 45ooft,so would that be a little rich?You guys have way more experience than I and I will defer to what is concensus in this discussion.-B

P/N 315140.PM please.Thanks

FYI.... High speed jet #315140 is superseded up to part #328539, imprinted on the side of jet is 43D indicating the ID is .043 in size. Unfortunately this jet has been listed as being unavailable since 1990... BUT... I'm sure the jet is still yet on the shelves of many dealerships under the superseded number. Check into it.

I think we have a winner! Is my thinking correct that one thou smaller would be just right for the altitude I run at?Thanks so much for spending your time on this everyone.-B

Back