Logo

Lenco switch issue

LancerdadMi

Last fall I broke up my trim tab taking of the panel wo work on speaker wire. I just ordered a new on amazon. The connectors on the new switch are not the same as the wires that were connected to the old one. I am lost here and sure would appreciate some advice on how to proceed. It is the only item I need to complete to get in the water! I hope the attached photos help.

Thanks,

Brian in MI20230505_095548 (2).jpg

the easiest approach is to order the replacement switch that has connectors that match the existing harness.

the fastest way is to swap out the connectors from the old switch and put them on the new switch. Hopefully, the wiring colors haven't changed.

as long as you have independent rockers for each side, it should be straight forward.

the easiest approach is to order the replacement switch that has connectors that match the existing harness.

the fastest way is to swap out the connectors from the old switch and put them on the new switch. Hopefully, the wiring colors haven't changed.

as long as you have independent rockers for each side, it should be straight forward.
Thanks for the reply. I had no connectors on the boat wiring the old switch was direct wired. It has been very frustrating! The new switch power wires were the pink from the starboard side and black from the port side. When I hooked it up that way only the starboard tab worked. I know the port works because I hooked 12 volts to it and it worked. My old connector power connector used the Black from port and white from starboard. When I hooked them up to the power wires nothing! I am completely lost here.

Thanks,
Brian

Well the good news is the switch is working the bad news is the starboard switch moves the tab down when I hit up. It appears something is not right with the wiring. The problem is I put the panel back in and had a very difficult time getting back in because the switch had very little room. I do not want to take it out again. There is plenty of wire at the stern by the port actuator so I want to just cut it then switch and splice the wires. I am asking if this will work? It is comical but I am determined to get this right!
Thanks again,
Brian

If the starboard actuator work in both directions, but moves in the opposite direction (from the switch) then reversing the wires should resolve the problem.

If the starboard actuator work in both directions, but moves in the opposite direction (from the switch) then reversing the wires should resolve the problem.
Update!
Well I do not feel so bad after all! When I looked the wires back at the port trim tab they had them reversed! So I did wire the switch the right way. I will never be an electrician but feel more comfortable doing **** like this now. Both trim tabs working the way the should now. Have a good boating summer!

Thanks,

Brian in MI

Back