Logo

lean out...

nicknack2

Regular Contributor
Running my 1991 200HP johnson on a tub at idle I noticed that the motor leaves lots of oil residue in the water, is there a way to safely lean out the motor in order to pollute less???? but with out sacrificing lubricity??

yep, you are right it will only cost $17000 plus install, and I will inherit all the bull**** that comes with all the electronics...not to mention that my boat is old and probably not worth more than $5000 LOL but I do love my boat...

You got it running?
You get your TB I sent back?
Only way I know to run leaner oil is at idle with the original VRO/OMS system operational.
The engine will run at about 100:1 at idle when using the VRO/OMS, and richen up the oil when up to speed.
That is why it is called Variable Ratio Oiling. It will smoke less at idle too. (Or should).

You should see my tank. It used to be my ****** bathtub, but the wife will not get in it anymore....go figure.....

Ahhhh crap.....this website edited my joke.....

The asterisks used to say C_I_A_L_I_S......but the website blanked it out.....again....go figure.

Last edited:
@ daselbee, No i still haven’t received it, I been going thru the wires soldering connections and stuff, the other day I re did the ground from the power pack, soldered a new connector, soldered the black and yellows too, the only problem I found was that the back and yellow for the starboard side had broken at the connector itself so the motor would not shut off that bank, fixed it and now it shuts off, I ordered the new t/b and new p/p but not installed them, the motor has been starting quickly with no issues the ground at the p/p I want to say that was bad, but I did had continuity to ground there, but you could tell that the wire was damaged so I fixed… so I still don’t know, I’m going to let the motor sit for a 4 or 5 days and see what it does...the fact that the motor runs does not help my confidence, but what else can I do???

Back