Logo

Leaking carburetor on BF75A

watrworld

If anyone is following, I had an issue where my outboard would not go past 1900rpm, often just choking.

I opened the carbs and cleaned them up. Now I have one carburetor leaking badly.

LeakingCarb.jpg

Float stuck open? Do I have to re-open everything? It is such a pain to take everything apart in a BF75A. Just in case that theres any trick!

And when I open it, what do I do to make sure it does not get stuck?

Btw, I did take it for a spin, and the original issue is fixed, yea!

You are on the right track.

If one of them is to fill up the carburetor from the drain hose with Sea Foam until it comes out the vent....let it sit overnight before you do the tapping routine.

If those tricks do not work, drain the carburetor and keep the carburetor drain open.
Have someone squeeze the fuel bulb as you do you tapping. The fuel is flowing past and around the needle that is stuck...the vibration and the flow may just break it loose.

You could also do the same thing but feed the Seafoam in the fuel line from the fuel pump to that carburetor to give it a concentrated flow past the stuck needle.

If that does not work....well you know....

Mike

I often squirt WD-40 into the float chamber through the drain opening on sticking floats. Not a little....A LOT! If you already used the Sea Foam then maybe not as much. It has worked well for me many times.

Good luck.

Back