Logo

Johnson vro 4 110

david29

I just bought a boat and the johnson 110 on it will run good hooked up to a water hose but when u put it in the lake it does not want to start at all. I have cleaned the crabs out and put a new spark plug wire on due to the old one breaking. It ran for 30 minutes at my house on the hose great saturday and i killed it an drove maybe 20 minutes to the lake and it would not do anything. What else am i looking over any help would be nice. Thanks :confused:

Welcome aboard. You need to post your problem on the "Johnson" section of this forum..this one is for Mercurys. Try to be more detailed in your post instead of just saying "...it would not do anything. " Do you mean it won't crank, it backfires, it just clicks, it starts and then stalls, it stalls when I shift into forward...I forgot to connect the fuel line or forgot to open the vent screw on the tank. They will appreciate your details.

3 quick things for you to check.----------First a compression test.-------Next is to check and make sure it has spark that will jump a gap of 7/16" on all 4 leads.--A slow cranking starter motor means that the motor will not have spark.

Back