Logo

Johnson 115 1999 carb sync

When folks talk about doing a "link and sync" after removing/reinstalling the carbs, the synchronizing that we are talking about usually is synchronizing the carbs with the ignition timing. When you throttle up the motor, that opens up the carbs to allow more fuel to flow and it also advanced the ignition timing. This needs to be nearly perfect for the motor to run at peak performance. I'd highly recommend finding a manual for your motor that is downloadable. I downloaded a manual for my Yamaha 115 from the Yamaha website that is perfect for this. There's about 8 pages of pictures and instructions on exactly how to do this. It includes directions on how to set/adjust idle ignition timing, WOT ignition timing, recommended fuel/air mixture adjustments.........
When I think of the term "synchronize the carbs", I think of the procedure for multi-carb motorcycles that requires a set of gauges and vacuum lines. I don't think your outboard will have a place to connect vacuum hoses to use those gauges to equalize the vacuum on the carbs.

Easy peasy on this motor , just make sure roller has sleeve. Also do not touch the mixture needles. When together itmust be adjusted in lake or barrel as motor has to have back pressure

Back