Logo

j1994 johnson j15rere

bmvan

The motor has sat for seven years. Got it out and it started and ran for about 10 min, then quit. There was a mouse nest in air cleaner, I cleaned it out, cleaned carb, new spark plugs, compression 120 per cyl. replaced power pack, checked fly wheel key. Have good spark, good fuel, Every time I crank the motor it pops thru exhaust but will not start. Need help Thanks

If you're saying that the engine actually fires out the exhaust... I would assume you either didn't insert the flywheel key correctly...OR... failed to torque the flywheel nut to specifications. (Out of time!... Sheared flywheel key)

i tried switching the wires no different if something got in the reeds could it cause this? also wonderd about the stater assembly/ thanks

the motor did the same thing before i removed the flywheel. the key is fine and the nut is torqued thanks

The same thing?..... Are you saying that the engine actually fires out the exhaust portion of the engine, ("Pops thru the exhaust")that is... a "pop" or firing such as a loud shotgun blast backfire... or more of a hesitation, spitting back type thing which is usually caused by a lead running condition of some sort?

it is not a loud pop but a small pop every time you crank it at the end of the crank like fuel exnighting a little

Back