Logo

Intermittent No power

Orzo

I have a yamaha 2005 HPDI and recently the engine would not start after running out to the fishing grounds with no problem. When trying to start after approx hour off No power at all at controls. Nothing when turning key or power tilt at control and also had no power at engine itself to tilt engine. After 45 minutes power at controls and boat started no problem. Ran 1 hour back with no problem and as soon as I tried tilting the engine due to low water engine immediately died and then again no power at controls. It seems extra electrical load when attempting to tilt engine killed everything. Where do I start?

Hi, did you get this solved? I have a pair of 2003 F225 and coming back in from offshore the other day my starboard engine did this. Lost all electrical power. Ignition, tach, trim, all dead. Limped back in on port engine. Got home checked against port engine. Have 12v to both engines. Difference is don't have 12v at the harness plug on front of starboard engine but port does. So I'm assuming my issue is somewhere on the engine. Any ideas?

Hi, did you get this solved? I have a pair of 2003 F225 and coming back in from offshore the other day my starboard engine did this. Lost all electrical power. Ignition, tach, trim, all dead. Limped back in on port engine. Got home checked against port engine. Have 12v to both engines. Difference is don't have 12v at the harness plug on front of starboard engine but port does. So I'm assuming my issue is somewhere on the engine. Any ideas?

Did use yesterday with no issue. Went through series of checking all connections before trip. Cleaned battery terminals and all wiring. Found the main ground and red wires on the engine itself were fairly lose that you could move wire by hand. Tightened those which ground may have been the culprit. I'll feel better with no issue after a second trip. Would have never thought to look at connections on engine itself. I guess with engine 15 years old anything may be possible.

Back