Logo

Impossible to rebuild cylinder block on Mercury L‑4 cylinder 75-115 HP FourStroke EFI outboards?

X-SAILOR

Can someone give a helping hand thanks? I hav a damage(deep scratch ) in one of the cylinders and it appears no over size pistons or liners available. Wonder what is the material of the liner, iron(cast iron?) or something else? If get the info maybe possible to repair/ resurface...or even install new sleeve? The part number is 880504A12 and these are the said to be the same blocks as on the older 4cyl Verado engines. Any help highly appreciated.

Amazing that parts are not available for these things.------Look on E-bay for used.----Visit a good machine shop.------One reason why I prefer older technology I think.

LA Sleeve...then go back with STD piston. Need a good machine shop or ship it to them.

View attachment 29865
Thanks a lot! Have been searching for ages.... Tried to find this on their home page under the Marine section, but nothing listed there. Guess this is a aftermarket product, but anyway a great find! Yes, assume its a pretty demanding job on this type of engine. Great comunity here!

Actually the inline L4 efi & verados( 06-14 ?) are 1.7l engines, 82mm. LA sleeves hav listed only the inline 6 cyl verados, but think they are using the same sleeves. at least pistons an crankshafts ar the same.

LA Sleeve customer service is very responsive and they confirmed they can do the 82 mm sleeves for the 1.7L efis also. Thanks for the leed fazbullet!

Back