Logo

ID U-Joints

JimS88

I'm trying to identify a Volvo Penta U-joint. It came in two boxes, Both Volvo Penta, one inside the other. The outer box shows part number 3860232. The inner box (that holds the U-Joint has part number 3860225! I did a Google Search and 3860225 only came up on one site: http://www.boatsandiego.com/site/2009/Engine Parts Inventory.htm, as part of an assembly part number 3860842. the other part number comes up all over the place but I can't find dimensions.

The dimensions are 2.965" overall length, the cap diameters are 1.062".

Anyone have either of these U-Joints that they could measure and tell me the size? I don't know if it was a packaging mistake or if that's the way Volvo does it.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim

V/P uses their own p/n on these very common parts.
Post which drive this is being used on, and one of us can make a suggestion.

If this is the early drive whereby the bearing caps use the internal clips, the Spicer 5-1306X is a good and direct replacement.

If this uses the external clips, then I'd have to get a box and post the p/n for you.

They use external clips, that is, the clips go on outside of the end caps, they don't clip around the caps. I don't think they are right for my installation which is a 1989 Volvo Penta 290 outdrive.

If someone had either of these part numbers and would be so kind as to measure them, that would answer my question.

Thanks,

Jim

Back