Logo

I have a 2019 Suzuki DF15A. Does this motor have fuses?

BWells

My Engine was running beautifully and just stopped. I do not seem to be getting spark. The parts diagrams at the Brown's Point website show fuses in the wiring harness and i can not find them. Do all of the models have fuses?

Electric start might have a fuse.-----Doubt that a blown fuse causes loss of spark.----How did you test for spark?

Removed the plugs, put the cap on, then had someone hold the end of the plug up against a bare bolt. Then I pulled the cord several times. Tried this with both plugs and never saw a spark. The red warning / indicator light does flash.

IMG_6908.jpeg
IMG_6906.jpeg

From a 2009 DF90A service manual. I don’t know how much of these charts will apply to your smaller and newer engine but some of the conditions will apply such as kill switch, checking battery clamps/connections and fuses. What sensors your engine has vs mine will likely differ.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the Bahamas and we were on the move, so I was not monitoring this forum. I had found that wiring diagram, but am unable to find anything that looks like the fuse holders. It appears to me that it should right at the front of the motor. Is it possible that it is tucked up under the flywheel cover? It does not seem logical to me that I would have to remove that to get to the fuses.

I doubt they will be under the flywheel, possibly bolted to the engine somewhere likely attached to a clip that will be bolted to the engine. I’d guess a hard plastic base with a rubber boot protecting from water intrusion. Your owners manual should have to location.

Also check the positive lead close to the battery(if equipped) you might have a smaller white wire that feeds the dash and ECU.

Back