Logo

I guess this 75HP 1996 Force is >>>> JUNK!!!

Dwayn66

Well guys never take >>>, all this motor runs great, to heart! After paying top dollar for a motor just for this reason, on start up no water out pee hole. Replaced water pump, still no water, removed thermostat no water, checked compression 85-80-70 on the 3 cylinders, then for giggles, I pour water into thermostat outlet hoping to fill block, never got full but had water running down housing unit that I removed, that had water pump in it. Must have a giant crack in it somewhere, right???

Is the overboard indicator (pee hole) plugged.How far do you have the lower unit submerged in water?
I have the hose to the pee hole & thermostat disconnected it was clean have the thermostat out where water should just shoot out, but nothing, I am using muffs but might try my barrel next if you think it would make a difference

If you did waterpump and aren't familiar with doing that job, it's very easy to NOT get the water tube lined up when you put lower unit back on!

You also can't fill up a Outboard with water as the entire cooling system is basically free flowing.

If you did waterpump and aren't familiar with doing that job, it's very easy to NOT get the water tube lined up when you put lower unit back on!

You also can't fill up a Outboard with water as the entire cooling system is basically free flowing.
Thank you so much for responding, not filling up motor made since to me later when I pull the bottom unit back off, poured water into thermo and it all ran out tube, then realized it was an open flow. checked all work I did, made sure tubes was lined up and re assembled, then instead of water muffs, I used 55 gallon drum filled with water, IT WORKED!!! Only concern I still have is the low compressions 85-80-72. Motor seemed to run good on idle, but when reved up seemed like lots of smoke coming from barrel of water.

When you took LU back off you prob wouldn't even notice whether you had it in right or not lol Not much room to see up there.
As far as muffs go, the only one I use is the one with round cups and metal rod! This plastic ones with square cups are garbage IMO.

The smoke could be from too much oil in gas, Carbs too rich or timing ~ sync/link.

Compressing is OK if any readings are within about +/- 10% of each other.

Back