Logo

How bad am I screwed?

Beach

2006 DF250, attempting to add a Lenco LED trim tab indicator switch and control box. Had problems from the start, Connectors on kit bad, told by rep to butt splice them in bypassing Deutsch Connectors. Directions say to run retract signal wire 12V (ORANGE ACC) to ACC on ignition switch to signal control box power is off to retract (I could have done without the retract but just followed directions) No info out there on Suzuki Wiring harnesses, told them I had an orange wire position one on factory ignition switch asked casually of Lenco rep, told orange was "industry standard" for 12V ACC...since found its really GREY on Suzuki key harness, wired orange to orange and powered system up...LED lit up for a second, thought I heard a pop out of the back of the boat and NOW NOTHING, no Suzuki BEEEEEEEEEEEP when I power up, no beep when I turn the key on to ACC, no start, no trim, no nothing. When I power up I usually hear the fuel pump, now nothing. Checked every fuse, all good. Marine Electronics guy comes over (Suzuki dealer swamped) and verifies power to ECM, Checked all fuses again, checked voltage on batteries OK, all electronics, bilges, and systems work. He advised I might have "fried" my ignition switch, got a new one yesterday, hooked up today, nothing...

Here's to hoping I didn't fry my ECM...ideas? What does the Orange Wire on the ignition switch do/feed? Where should I start? I'm a pretty good shade tree mechanic and usually do my own maintenance but this has me stumped...who'd a thought a little trim switch could cause this much headache?

Definatly sounds like a fuse, Keep looking...... trace power from battery to motor, and probe It untill you find where It stops.... Then youve found your culprit....

Back