Logo

Honda Premium Flush Mount Control Wont Hold Position

Shootist

This Honda Premium Panel Flush Mount Control unit 06240ZW7-U00 is 14 hours new, like the BF50 Outboard and boat, and regardless of where I place the throttle it wont hold position. The tension has been adjusted to max both ways and while it does make operation very stiff or loose, it has no effect on the problem. Wherever you place the throttle, it falls off 10-15 degrees almost immediately. It's unusable and dangerous.

I'm being told by a trusted dealer and installer this is a known issue with this unit, however I find nothing in forums or message boards, which is odd for a widely distributed OEM product with a long standing known issue of not holding throttle position. That's its only purpose! Unfortunately I find nothing related to trouble shooting this control either.

I've now opened a case with Honda Marine Customer Service and am pushing back to dealer and Honda to correct via warranty rather than change to the exposed side mount box control being recommended and am looking for others who've experienced or know how to resolve this problem.

What's the secret these dealers are missing for a successful install?

Thank you for your help!

Back